Top Destinations / History & Cultural Vacation
HISTORY & CULTURAL VACATION
WHEREVER YOUR CURIOSITY TAKES YOU
Visit a European castle or an early-American battlefield. See the ruins of an ancient civilization or the works of historys greatest painters. Wherever your curiosity takes you, Endless Vacation Rentals will be there.
1. Many Endless Vacations resorts offer the opportunity to buy event tickets or sign up for tours through an on-site concierge. Check with the resort before you arrive to see whats available, and if advance reservations are needed.
2. Confirm your travel and activity reservations before you leave. If you think you'll arrive after the scheduled check-in time, notify your resort and find out if any special instructions are needed.
3. Don't wait until the last minute to purchase travelers checks. Pack (in a separate place) contact numbers in case your credit cards or travelers checks get lost or stolen.
4. If you'll be leaving the country, make two copies of each traveler's passport. Leave one copy with a friend or family member; take the other with you and store it in your resort safe.
5. Check the weather at your destination a day or two before your departure. Many websites, such as www.weather.com, offer quick and easy ways to access a forecast almost anywhere.
6. Pack important items in your carry-on that you may need if your bags get delayed (medications, travel documents, etc.).
7. If you are driving (or renting a car to get from airport to resort), consider visiting a website such as www.mapquest.com for directions and approximate driving times. Then have a GPS or road atlas handy, if possible, to help for those times when you accidently venture off course.
8. Nothing beats a comfortable pair of shoes when youre pounding the pavement all day. Buy shoes with good support, and wear them in sufficiently, before you hit the museums and galleries.
9. Many groups offer audio walking tours for popular historical/cultural sites, easily downloadable anytime to your iPod or mp3 player.
10. You may be headed to a resort with the comforts of home, but that doesn't mean you have to take your home with you. Many things may be bought during a quick visit to the grocery store, either right before or after you check in.