Canaltime at Union Wharf is based on the Market Harborough arm of the Grand Union Canal. Accommodation is on a narrow boat, which travels two to four miles per hour. Cruising from Union Wharf for six miles takes you onto the Grand Union Canal where you can travel north towards Leicester or south through Foxton Locks. Foxton has two staircases of locks, each with five locks to navigate. Market Harborough is an attractive market town whose center is within walking distance of Union Wharf. For cruising purposes guests must be fit, able-bodied and comply with the minimum occupancy policy. For more information, visit www.canalboatclub.com.Check-in Time:
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, SaturdayImportant Information
- Minimum age check-in is 21.
- Pet Information: Animals are permitted; restrictions and or fees may apply please contact resort for details.
- Parking Restrictions: Limited parking onsite
- Confirmation is required upon check-in at the resort.
- Fees charged for some utilities.
- Occupancy limits are strictly enforced: could result in forfeiture of the unit and/or other penalties.
- Security deposit required upon check-in at the resort.
- Credit card imprint required upon check-in at the resort.
- Resort cannot honor unit upgrades or moves.
- Fees or deposits are charged for some amenities.
- Cruising is not always available – not only through planned maintenance stoppages but also through closures due to poor weather conditions. PLEASE ADVICE ALL GUESTS MUST CHECK IN AT 2PM. Contact marina for further recommendation of reading/handbooks for canalboating, and maps available for purchase in marina.
- 2017 fees- £47.50 for a 4 berth and £60 for a 6 berth and the fuel deposit is £90 (fuel used), optional damage waiver is £50.Check in outside of normal check in hours of 2-5pm in summer and 12am in winter or on a non check in day can only be made by arrangement direct with the marina, and may not be possible, but where possible there may be a charge of up to £50 made.
- Resort will not accept parties in which guests are all under the age of 21 years. For same gender parties the lead guest and one other must be over the age of 21. Knowledge of English is required.Guests must contact the Marina 1 week prior to their start date,to confirm their arrival time, as safety training needs to be arranged.
- Party must consist of 2 active adults, one over the age of 21 and the other over the age of 16. Please note dogs are allowed, maximum of 2 dogs per boat. Cruising is subject to compulsory training only available on check-in days. You must watch the Canal&Boat Trusd DVD, either online on http://www.video-server.co.uk/boaters-video.php or the resort can post the DVD to you upon request.