Top Destinations / Family & Kid Vacation
FAMILY & KID VACATION
RELAX AND MAKE UNFORGETTABLE MEMORIES
Whether you take the family to the beach, a world-class theme park - or one of Americas treasured national parks - Endless Vacation Rentals will be there, providing well-equipped accommodations that help you spread out, relax and make unforgettable memories together.
1. Many Endless Vacations resorts are equipped with kid-friendly programs and activities. Some even have sitting services. Check with the resort before you arrive to see whats available, and if any advance reservations are needed.
2. It's never a bad idea to confirm your travel and activity reservations before you leave, anyway. And if you're planning to arrive after the scheduled check-in time, you must find out the resorts late check-in policy.
3. Don't wait until the last minute to purchase travelers checks, and pack (in a separate place) contact numbers in case your credit cards or travelers checks get lost or stolen.
4. Check the weather at your destination a day or two before your departure. Many websites, such as www.weather.com, offer quick and easy ways to access a forecast almost anywhere.
5. Pack something for the flight or car trip. Puzzles, games, and coloring books are just a few ideas of kid-sized distractions that shouldn't take up too much space in your carry-on.
6. Speaking of carry-ons, make sure to pack essentials you cant afford to be without in the event your bags get delayed (medications, baby formula, diapers, travel documents, etc.).
7. Pack snacks. You never know if your flight will be delayed with you on it. Fruit, crackers, nuts and granola bars all make for good grub in a pinch. And don't forget the liquids. Good ole H2O makes the best choice for keeping the kids hydrated.
8. If you are driving (or renting a car to get from airport to resort), consider visiting a website such as www.mapquest.com for directions and approximate driving times. Then have a GPS or road atlas handy, if possible, to help for those times when you accidently venture off course.
9. You may be headed to a resort with the comforts of home, but that doesnt mean you have to take your home with you. Many things may be bought during a quick visit to the grocery store, either right before or after you check in.
10. Relax, and have fun. No family vacation ever goes exactly according to plan. Your mood will determine whether the unexpected dampens, or adds adventure, to your next trip.