Top Destinations / Golf Vacation
PERFECT YOUR SWING
Endless Vacation Rentals offers plenty of options for perfecting your swing, whether youd rather play an on-site course designed by a legend, or stay where hundreds of courses can be found within a short drive.
1. Many Endless Vacations resorts offer golf courses on-site or within a few minutes drive. Check with the resort before you arrive to see what courses are available in the area, and if tee times can be booked in advance.
2. Before you go to the trouble (and expense) of packing your clubs, consider renting after you arrive. If going without your own clubs isnt an option, you might want to ship them in advance. Companies such as www.luggageforward.com specialize in getting your treasured clubs from doorstep to destination.
3. Play a great course, and become a better golfer, too. Many golf-themed resorts, such as the Orange Tree Golf Resort in Scottsdale, Arizona, offer instruction from PGA-certified professionals.
4. Confirm your travel and activity reservations before you leave. If you think youll arrive after the scheduled check-in time, notify your resort and find out if any special instructions are needed.
5. If you'll be leaving the country, make two copies of each traveler's passport. Leave one copy with a friend or family member; take the other with you and store it in your hotel safe.
6. If the country youre visiting has immunization requirements, don't delay: some immunizations require a series of treatments, while most take time before theyre effective.
7. Check the weather at your destination a day or two before your departure. Many websites, such as www.weather.com, offer quick and easy ways to access a forecast almost anywhere.
8. Pack important items in your carry-on that you may need if your bags get delayed (medications, travel documents, etc.).
9. If you are driving (or renting a car to get from airport to resort), consider visiting a website such as www.mapquest.com for directions and approximate driving times. Then have a GPS or road atlas handy, if possible, to help for those times when you accidently venture off course.
10. You may be headed to a resort with the comforts of home, but that doesn't mean you have to take your home with you. Many things may be bought during a quick visit to the grocery store, either right before or after you check in.