Top Destinations / Beach & Coastal Vacation
BEACH & COASTAL VACATION
YOUR WORRIES WILL BE CARRIED AWAY
Escape to a place where all your worries can be carried away on a cool ocean breeze. A place with sparkling waters, powdery soft beaches, and spacious accommodations with the comforts of home.
1. Many Endless Vacations resorts offer extras such as water sports rentals, golf course tee times and deep sea fishing charters. Check with the resort before you arrive to see whats available, and if any advance reservations are needed.
2. Confirm your travel and activity reservations before you leave. If you think you'll arrive after the scheduled check-in time, notify your resort and find out if any special instructions are needed.
3. Don't wait until the last minute to purchase travelers checks. Pack (in a separate place) contact numbers in case your credit cards or travelers checks get lost or stolen.
4. If you'll be leaving the country, make two copies of each traveler's passport. Leave one copy with a friend or family member; take the other with you and store it in your resort safe.
5. If the country you're visiting has immunization requirements, dont delay: some immunizations require a series of treatments, while most take time before theyre effective.
6. Check the weather at your destination a day or two before your departure. Many websites, such as www.weather.com, offer quick and easy ways to access a forecast almost anywhere.
7. Will a light jacket be necessary? Even during the warmest days of the year, many coastal and beach destinations can be rather cool in the evenings. You may also want to pack something a little dressier than just flip-flops and trunks, if plans call for a romantic dinner or two.
8. Pack important items in your carry-on that you may need if your bags get delayed (medications, travel documents, etc.).
9. If you are driving (or renting a car to get from airport to resort), consider visiting a website such as www.mapquest.com for directions and approximate driving times. Then have a GPS or road atlas handy, if possible, for those times when you accidently venture off course.
10. You may be headed to a beach resort with the comforts of home, but that doesn't mean you have to take your home with you. Many things may be bought during a quick visit to the grocery store, either right before or after you check in. This includes beach vacation staples such as sand buckets, sunscreen, disposable cameras even umbrellas and chairs.