Top Destinations / Romance Vacation
MAKE A ROMANTIC ESCAPE
Honeymoons, anniversaries and romantic escapes are better spent in a place where spacious, inviting accommodations are never far from a day at play.
1. Make sure your romantic vacation starts the second your plane lands: Arrange for a limo or private car from the airport to the resort.
2. If your resort has an on-site spa, schedule a couples treatment in advance.
3. Confirm your travel, spa and other reservations before you leave. If you think you'll arrive after the scheduled check-in time, notify your resort and find out if any special instructions are needed.
4. If you think youd like to purchase travelers checks, don't wait until the last minute. Pack (in a separate place) contact numbers in case your credit cards or travelers checks get lost or stolen.
5. If you'll be leaving the country, make two copies of each traveler's passport. Leave one copy with a friend or family member; take the other with you and store it in your resorts safe.
6. If the country youre visiting has immunization requirements, don't delay: some immunizations require a series of treatments, while most take time before theyre effective.
7. Check the weather at your destination a day or two before your departure. Many websites, such as www.weather.com, offer quick and easy ways to access a forecast almost anywhere.
8. Pack important items in your carry-on that you may need if your bags get delayed (medications, travel documents, etc.).
9. Do something together youve never done before: scuba dive, ride a horse, kayak to a waterfall, etc.
10. Many fine dining restaurants require formal dress, so pack accordingly. You may also wish to pack other essentials (music, candles, etc.) befitting a romantic getaway.