Top Destinations / Theme Park Vacation
THEME PARK VACATION
Families who play together stay together. Choose from a wide variety of accommodation options at or near your favorite world-famous theme park.
1. Choose accommodations that best fit your familys needs. Some resorts offer attractions that extend the fun beyond the park. Other resorts provide a quiet escape following a day of nonstop thrills.
2. Confirm your travel and activity reservations beforehand. If you think you'll arrive after the scheduled check-in time, notify your resort and find out if any special instructions are needed.
3. Don't wait until the last minute to purchase travelers checks. Pack (in a separate place) contact numbers in case your credit cards or travelers checks get lost or stolen.
4. Check the weather at your destination a day or two before your departure. Many websites, such as www.weather.com, offer quick and easy ways to access a forecast almost anywhere.
5. If you're traveling with kids, pack something fun for the flight or car trip. Puzzles, games, and coloring books are just a few ideas of kid-sized distractions that shouldn't take up too much space in your carry-on.
6. But leave room for essentials you can't afford to be without in the event your bags get delayed (medications, baby formula, diapers, travel documents, etc.).
7. Pack snacks. You never know if your flight will be delayed with you on it. Fruit, crackers, nuts and granola bars all make for good grub in a pinch. And don't forget the liquids. Good ole H2O makes the best choice for keeping the kids hydrated.
8. If you are driving (or renting a car to get from airport to resort), consider visiting a website such as www.mapquest.com for directions and approximate driving times. Then have a GPS or road atlas handy, if possible, to help for those times when you accidently venture off course.
9. You may be headed to a resort with the comforts of home, but that doesnt mean you have to take your home with you. Many things may be bought during a quick visit to the grocery store, either right before or after you check in. This includes theme park vacation staples such as sunscreen, disposable cameras, etc.
10. Wear comfortable shoes!